USE YOUR WORDS...CHOOSE YOUR WORDS

Use your words! Use your words, Use your words!
Does this sound like a mama or teacher's assertion?

And then follows my aspiration...
Choose your words! Choose your words! Choose your words well! 
Sticks and stones will break my bones...
We know that jeers and sneers create tears and broken and bruised hearts.

This is the soundtrack that plays through the background noise in my head: choose your words...choose them well for they can usher in heaven or hell.  And because of this simple certainty, this introvert tended girl has spoken many more words in her head and heart than have been shared aloud.

I'm that girl that places intense value on all words: words whispered, written, sung, slung, and even unspoken. I see the words revealed behind the blink, twinkle, and glance of another's eyes; the twitch or turn of lips; the stiff, shake, or shrug of shoulders; the measured, rigid, or swinging arms; and the poised or skittish dance stance of legs.

My heart has learned the neon caution of words. I've learned to record over poisonous words rolling through my head.  I've yielded to the caution not to fall into the dark hole of seeking and needing unspoken words. I've begged to dismiss words that weren't really meant to be heard. 

In this whole wide world of ours, our words really only need to speak a few necessary truths.


Hearts break open wide and share a divine 
healing balm when words are chosen well. 

http://sadmoment.com/
I believe in you! 
It's who you can be!  When you are up or down, I'm here with you. I know you can turn this thing around. I know you have worked hard; still keep working at what you are after!  Remember, you can regroup and work through challenges.  You can fix mistakes. I can see you are genuine and sincere. Feel free to dream and achieve. You are the only you there is, so go share you with the world. You are stronger than you know, and when you feel weak, I will be there to help you know that. You are a perfect you. I'm proud of you.


Hearts break open wide and share a divine 

healing balm when words are chosen well.



I'm sorry!
No excuses. I messed up. I was wrong. I was selfish. I didn't listen well. I take responsibility for this. I know I'm not perfect, but I want to be better. It's my fault. I'll try again to get this right. It won't happen again. I'm going to fix this. I want to get this right. I don't want to make you sad, fearful, or not trust. I hurt you; but I want to start anew. Forgive me. Give me a second chance. 




Hearts break open wide and share a divine 

healing balm when words are chosen well.
I love you!   
You are enough. You make me believe in me.  You make me a better me.  Hanging with you is like comfort and peace. You make my day. You are a gift. I'm glad we met. You make me laugh and smile. I appreciate your friendship. You see the best in me. You make a my life a better place because you are in it. 

I'm still working on choosing the words I speak, so they only say these most necessary of simple truths and say them well. 




Comments

rose mcclarren said…
What a wonderful writing that can remind all of us that love, kindness, and forgiveness comes so beautifully through our words. You sure do make my life a better place because you are in it. You are a gift and I love the heck out of you. Ma
Anonymous said…
Amen, Sister!
Anonymous said…
This is truly interesting and amazing article! Thanks a lot for sharing! You're inspiring me for such a good deals. For example, thanks to you i finally have a courage to do my paper! This is insane, isn't it?