WHEN WE ARE CALLED TO ONLY WAIT

In Streams in the Dessert,  today's entry finishes with this quatrain:

                             When I cannot understand my Father's leading,
                             And it seems to be but hard and cruel fate,
                             Still I hear that gentle whisper ever pleading,
                             God is working, God is faithful, ONLY WAIT.

mikemesserli.blogspot.com



My thoughts streamed for a lady that I barely know, but whose life circumstances surely must make her bow her weary puzzled heart. 

And maybe these truths of eternity we already know.  Maybe life's path veers and we question how God plots this story we are living.  The Holy Spirit directs us in ways we cannot always fathom, imagine, or believe could be Him.  We sometimes lack the skill to understand His will. And many times what He asks us to do is merely WAIT, to rest, to hold still, to lean hard into HIM, sometimes REALLY HARD! 

And even in those alone, dark, silent, numb days, He leaves us that singular, deep pit in the stomach assurance that our ONLY real need is truly waiting for Him and allowing Him to stand in to be our Savior---our Savior of each silent scream moment that boils in our mind --of each thought of abandonment we entertain-- of each desire we want to beg  to fruition-- of each wish we can barely dare to whisper--of each moment we choose to give up--of each hand we cannot raise in praise--of each plank we fall desperate to the floor upon--of each song our mouth will not sing---of each of our expectations for this day, for this life...

And this is the broken walk of faith. When we feel broken, we are not, but we walk faithful to His saving grace in our brokenness.  Our broken is His building, His mending, His healing path.  He is faithful to carry us through.

And these thoughts streamed  also for me today and maybe now for you. We are sometimes called to ONLY WAIT and see Him work through.  

joequatronejr.wordpress.com
Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord. (Psalms 27:14 NLT)


Comments

Anonymous said…
Cherie, I don't know how you always seem to be on the exact same page as me. I love how you can express and put your thoughts into words. It's like you speak for me. For this I'm grateful. Thank you for being my friend and sharing your blog with me. I will continue to be brave and patient.
Your friend,
Lori
Anonymous said…
I am in awe of the gift God has placed in you. What a precious, heart-touching, soul-penetrating way with words He has given you. Thank you for sharing...and thanks for putting it on my email so I can get it more quickly. I am on my email more often than Facebook. Does this mean I am old-fashioned? If I can remember when I am finished with this message, I will email my latest newsletter article for your reading "enjoyment" HA! Our writing styles are so different, it makes me smile when I think about it. God certainly likes variety, doesn't He? You keep on writing, dear friend. I am very, very serious when I mention your writings and book in the same sentence. I want a free one when you get famous. I love you! Peggy (Do I have to sign my name?)
Anonymous said…
Hi darlin I am tired now as night falls over me. I am so touched by your words. How often I have fallen and almost forgot to yell to God for help. As I do I feel so at home no matter the difficulties facing me. You writing is a torch in the dark. I love you. Ma
Anonymous said…
Reminds me of Isaiah 50 (NLT)

10 Who among you fears the Lord
and obeys his servant?
If you are walking in darkness,
without a ray of light,
trust in the Lord
and rely on your God.
11 But watch out, you who live in your own light
and warm yourselves by your own fires.
This is the reward you will receive from me:
You will soon fall down in great torment.

Marlene