JUST THESE MOVEMENTS PULSE THE JOY!

The Japanese Maple Tree branches outside my window are quivering in the wind like a small child's heels bouncing up and down.  Its scarlet leaf-hands jittery are begging, stretching, reaching as with child eyes that draw "thank you" before an expected gift is even placed in her hands.  The lower branches are skimming the air like a pianist hands skipping over the keys playing a soul melody.  And then the corner of my eye is captured by the sudden flip of the curtain at the kitchen door as if the wind is shimmying his partner-dancer, tight-holding and releasing against the screen. And like a stolen secret, my heart left its throat and longed to lift its hands  to twirl in that very same wind that teased its eyes back to life.  

And just those movements poured like cleansing water over my heart-soul, over my always failing humanity that is blind, sleeps, and becomes overwhelmed, and it danced and sang the song of  the Glory Gatherer. 

Breathing in this wind that sings, dances, makes melody, gives gifts; just these movements pulse the joy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh what a nice way to start my day reading your writing that takes me out of the "oh my gosh I've got so much to do today where do I start mode. I know of your tree and where you might sit to watch the dance and the song of the piano. Now I too will slow down and be present to the joy in the moments of our life. I love you ma