ENOUGH GLITZ FOR ME


"And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?
(Esther 4:14)




Sitting at my counter, I was distracted by a line on the to do list: clean the house for a group of women coming Friday night.

My eye flitted to areas that needed improvement.  Yet, there was nothing in this short amount of time that I could do, short of simple cleaning, to improve the facade.  My mind's-eye scattered across the wish list: curtains, stool seat cushions, throw rugs, completed pictures frames hung, couch, throw pillows for my bed....

What had so suddenly eclipsed my soul? On the day I  invited women to my home, I was comfortable with the vulnerability of exposing the imperfect places of my home, but now as the time draws near, I pant to paint a richer picture?  The trappings of this life shine bright, distracting me and corrupting my heart desires.

pinmania.net
So today I learn from Esther.  Oh Esther, it was a long walk to stand and plead your heart before King Xerxes who offered you up to half his Kingdom.  You were not encumbered by that distraction of certain comfort and the beauty of his treasures were not a facade for security.  But the favor of your king was an honor that fueled your soul. And your people were a prize greater than the kingdom's gold.
 
Oh Cherie, it is a few days before cherished women share a short few hours of their lives. These moments in your home are as jewels, honoring one another with the gift of time.  May the facade of beauty fade to the background as the hearts of women compel your heart to see beyond your home's superficial identity to your real treasure: an exposed heart.

May I, like Esther, always seek the favor of  my King.  May I position my mind, heart, and soul in His royal treasure. May I choose to be adorned with the glamour of gratitude and grace which will always be enough glitz for this soul's home. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ah so nice. Thanks for sharing. I hope that means I to may discontinue worrying over my less than perfect house, being, and intention. I too offer myself as is. Used, tattered, confused, a mess inside and out. Otherwise an everyday being.
Ma