...WHEN WANDER BECOMES WONDER

Picture from Chris McClarren and Andrew Reago
When a thought wanders days through my head and starts congealing like layers of colored jello,  creating sweet sense for the page ...  when a thought wanders like a music note that butterflies through an entire chord,   ringing a  melody for the page...   when a thought wanders like a blurred image that is honed to a detailed portrait...  I wonder as the drizzle becomes a solid deluge,   puddling in the soul to grow to life on a softened page. 

For essence is elusive, words are slippery through my fingers...  for the melody in my head clangs cacophonous in its reading...  for my mind wanderings journey to a sure knowing and holding in my head and heart...

But it is difficult  to transfer wonder through the fingers to the page. 

Yet when the Writer of Words whisper reads to our hearts, the strength of the solid truth becomes a wonderful masterpiece.




For we are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.  Ephesians 2;10 (NLT)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Poetry in motion. A delight to experience this piece of yours that is so lovingly tended... the font, the images, the words. Sweet piece/peace. Guess what? I just bought two fountain pens, ink and nibs to try out. I'd love to reuse the fountain pen, rather than throw away pen shell after pen shell. Each small act like this is an expression of my love for life and creation. They all matter, if not in the grand scheme of preservation of God's masterpiece the earth, then of God's masterpiece of my soul. - love your sissy
Anonymous said…
Yes the poet in our lives brings us to the spiritual, to the wonderment, to the sorrow and to the joy. What a mystery we are and the words found deep in our soul share the love we have for each other. I love you ma
Peggy Hanna said…
Beautifully expressed! Your pen is the tongue of God.