THE TEXT OF YOUR LIFE

ladylouisespeaks.com


I love my phone, but it sure does cause havoc at times.  

I spoke into the microphone (ahem and didn't review it before sending it); it told my friend that my son had to write an essay "for Lowes."  For Lowes?" my friend was totally lost when she texted back. I had to use my hand to text government "furloughs."  Wow, that really took us down a different path.

When I was driving to visit my friend Kim at her mom's house, I texted her that I was almost there (Hey, I was at a stop sign when I texted).  She  texted back, "Let me know when you are here, and I will help you carry your GUYS in." I told her this was a girl's weekend, no guys allowed.  I didn't bring any guys with me." She sure was lost in my response. Who knew BAGS could turn into GUYS?  We sure rolled with that for a few more laughs. I guess she didn't go back and look it over either.

Just recently, my friend Peggy texted me asking me to speak at her next ladies meeting.  She was giving me some ideas to speak about because she didn't want me to fret.  Her text said I could just use something I spoke about before like "Ann's vodka camp."  (Ann Voskamp,  if you are reading this, I promise we both got real belly laughs that you would appreciate.) I think Peggy didn't look over her text either.

Speaking on the phone today about that speaking engagement's topic and theme, we heard each other very clearly when we both agreed that the topic of my talk and her women's meeting theme could actually seem totally mismatched because it all comes back to Jesus anyway.  Since we are both teachers, we can cut a segue like no one's business. (Ann's vodka camp---I am imagining the slant now.)

And then the message clearly hit me...no matter the life we have been given...no matter the glory cloud we have ridden...no matter the circumstances we live in...no matter the heart that we have hidden...no matter the mess we have been in...it all slants back to Jesus.
pm4girls.elizabeth-harrin.com

And our life and messages are just that...words that are sometimes misunderstood, misspoken, unedited mistakes. And our life is that too. Sometimes our life's unedited version is a wild type run into the dark wildness... a run in confoundedly conflicting circles. I think of poor Pooh Bear lost in the Hundred Acre Wood and us lost in the Hunger Ache of Would and Should.

And in our life of unedited mistakes, we don't want to encounter the Heffalumps of Piglet's dreams in the dense woods, but we know some real characters in our life that we imagine to be a lot scarier. Sometimes characters that show up in texts and phone calls and doctor's diagnosis are just the scariest lumps we can imagine.

But it is true.  We circle dizzy along these blazing bee trails angered by the swarm of life, the loss of ourselves, hidden in our own dense fog, but eventually it all comes back to where we started.  It all comes back to where we  find the sweet.  We can choose the frantic fear and raging round and round rants or stop feeding the bear and then decide to run the bees from the tree and live off the honey.


It always comes back to Jesus----the text of the message our life and character wants to speak this more clearly than the mistaken unedited version.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey daughter I really like this Pooh post. Lots of fun and aren't we always that way getting things backward or slightly off course and of course you have to laugh your silly head off. I like when you make me smile and laugh. Keep up the words, the works, the Pooh pooh if you have a potty near by. Oh hell I am not good at humor. But I do like you when you get down and personal. No not dirty but that isn't all bad if it is mud you are sloshing in. ma