THIS ONE'S FOR THE GIRLS: WHEN YOU ACHE FOR THE MELT

BEAR ONE ANOTHER'S BURDENS, AND SO FULFILL THE LAW OF CHRIST. --GALATIONS 6:2



Some days we are clogged in the gutter, hands stuck in the built-up frozen muck and mire that stop-leaks our souls to sing. 

Some days we cling to the edge of patience for sanity. Our wild-eyed windy thoughts rage across our cold hearts, whirling far and wide with no settling rest.

Some days we slip fall fast face down this walk, slapped hard to the unforgiving cold concrete, weighed down by the bags we carry.  


Can you see the bunny?

We huddle hide to the tree to escape our captive heart's white-out. 




Yet comes the drip by drip...drip by drip the freeze moves...drip by drip His blood slow spills real over our souls...drop by drop His voice pierces our snowbound thoughts...drop by drop words storm our buried souls...drop by drop the melt bores a crater hole into our hearts...drop by drop the gentle melt of a life laid bare slowly seeps hope.

This desperate sounding jargon we refuse to label and leave solely whirling the baggage claim. 

LABEL WARNING:
Our heavy-sigh exasperation will still freeze-dry the soul. Our spinning round  blindness will still dizzy overwhelm the eyes of our heart. 

Claim it or not; these life moments seem to sweep through our heartland fast, furious, and easy.  These moments we all live to survive. 

These moments lived by high school girls (yet penned in my voice), who claim crazy spinning exasperation from overwhelming baggage, whirl around all of us.

These are the I never seem to measure up to what I want to be or others expect of me moments. 

These are the why does what people keep telling me is so important right now in my life really seem to have little meaning or significance for my tomorrow moments. 

These are the you have no idea how hard life has been already, and I just want something to be easy moments

These are the UGH I am so frustrated with ME because I keep doing the very thing that I don't want to do moments.

These are the I just want to live risky, yell loudly, cut hard, and eat until I make myself sick, but I don't want to know why I do these things because they strangely bring relief and provide the control I crave moments

These are the I just want some one, any one, a friend who sees me as talented, smart, loving, beautiful, moments.  

These are the I want to hide behind my appearances and hope no one finds out what I am really like because they would be disappointed in what I have done and thought moments. 

These are the I am supposed to be grateful for my life, but I can't see anything to be happy about moments.

These are the I keep failing to live up to what I profess and stand for moments.  

These are the I don't see  how this Jesus impacts my life when everyone around me says He does moments.

These are the I wish this Jesus that holds me strong, would take me away from all this falling over the edge mess moments. 

And if 
those storms 
of doubt 
by teens 
are not yours, 
then we adults 
are stop-leak 
blocked 
to our gutters' 
frozen avalanches. 



Yet comes the drip by drip...drip by drip the freeze moves...drip by drip His blood slow spills real over our souls...drop by drop His voice pierces our snowbound thoughts...drop by drop Words storm our buried souls...drop by drop the melt bores a crater hole into our hearts...drop by drop the gentle melt of a life laid bare slowly seeps hope.

And today I pray the snow blowing, the shovel digging, the frozen ice picking melts the burden you carry away. I pray for those days that we are overwhelmingly frozen still in our gut, in the gutter of our life, and we beg for the drip by drip that melts the freeze and frees our souls to sing. 

Girls (and you too), today I will pray for the storm that avalanches your soul!




Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow such richness... I await a book of poetry from you. Lovely expression. So heart felt. Speaks to all of us. You are a poet divine.
A witness to an artist. M
Anonymous said…
I love it. You are so encouraging. Write until the end!
Anonymous said…
Lovely to read on a sunny day that has given us relief from the snow covered winter. Yes a book of poetry so all can share your voice inside us when we need it the most.
Don't we all experience life in all this diversity. And finally call out a name, ask for forgiveness, a voice to carry us into the light, and a friend to give voice to our soul. I get the first signed copy of your book of poetry. You have it created already. All you have to do is put it together as you would like to see it. Self publish or otherwise. I will be waiting. ma
Anonymous said…
Beautifully written and encouraging!