HELP! I'm trapped in JUMANJI! ------ ZULU!


Quoi zu zesa you? (What's the noise?)

The music I listen to while I write may not suffice to bring the peace of mind to write well today.  There is this outrageous noise that is blaring above David Nevue's piano inspiration, a confined rage spewing out of the back of my mind to protect my cubs from the dangers of the political hunters of this land.  My head is a jungled mess of tangled and overgrown vines. I can't bear the fiscal mess; I'm trapped in a game of JUMANJI and this is real life!



And danger lurks around each corner of my heart's house, springing to overwhelming life. Truly, for this dependent on government money, this game has ZULU! (many effects) 

Quoi zu zesa you?


Awakened to this white elephant sitting on the center of  my chest, I know it is useless, senseless, and  bizarre, but it sits expensively cheap because its placement center stage remains so far from my deeper desires for today. It has been allowed to flap-eared run through the calm and quiet, planting heavy cushioned feet, sinking mud worry into my soul. It's wrapped trunk squeezes my chest tight, sucking the air, hope. 


This elephant in the room must be addressed; it cannot be ignored as it will not disappear on its own. Dumbo, fiscal failure tramples through the job, the home, the budget, the life, the heart! This political poaching destroys families, depletes the homes' resources,  dries the landscape of hope for for our human resources, and sells threats to bargain for a life of hope.


ZULU!


And there is this monkey screeching from the counter, clanging plates together, laughing at today's one woman audience.  I hear the jeers and mocking and want to swipe the grin off its Everready battery smile. And I am just curious George--- what does complete, unwavering trust look like on the dinner plate, the college tuition, the gas for the car, the medical coverage?  I see evil in our land, hear evil on the t.v., and speak evil when I trust in the fantasy world of politics.


And then the monkey speaks, "Great idea, deciding not to return to your job this year."  And no matter the reasoning provided, the monkey speaks again, "You are an intelligent woman with a master's degree.  Why do you just sit there? You should hurry and do something about this. You can't keep blaming the government. Blame yourself. Get to work!"


ZULU!


And there is this David in my living room hurling stones from a slingshot at a Giant sitting in a chair at her laptop. The deep valley rug divides me between being a David or a Giant. Today,  I feel like a Giant mocker of my livelihood, arrogant and selfish.  My tamed whisper shouts of doubt at circumstances defy God's words of trust and obey, only to stir fear within my own heart.  I spear sharp, criticizing words against those who battle against me.


ZULU!


But the lie is I don't feel Goliath invincible; I am hit right between the eyes today, falling hard on the ground to my knees. Thankful that this head that is trying to control this heart is being cut off.  


I feel more like a David who suddenly fell upon circumstances beyond her control, with no special tools to battle the Giant of our land, but I propose to meet this Giant problem  and not cower in fear for today  but run wildly into tomorrow like David did in this solitary battle. It will require a certain death to self and victory in faith in a God who wages the entire war.


ZULU!


I can't answer the "how?" or the "why?" or even "when?"  all this fiscal battle dust will settle over our land of the free and home of the brave.  But it requires no special talent to get down on my knees for mortal men in battle and trust the plans of an all-powerful God.


ZULU!


And there are these directions in JUMANJI if you read the game plan all the way through:  "Do not begin unless you intend to finish."  Oh, the race sometimes seems seconds longer than a lifetime, but from God's vantage point, he has already won. 


I do intend to follow the directives of this life, of the magical bored game we are playing today, hoping at the end all the bantering pawns are laid down.  Yet, there will be other pawns that come along to play the game, not understanding the directives and cost to humane kind.

ZULU!

All the sides of the valley David fought in were steep.  And aren't the sides of the fiscal valley steep today, too?  Just like David, when we choose to leave our camp, once I choose to leave my side, it might seem like sure loss.  When the Giant fiscal hero of my worship is dead, I stand to gain the comfort and simplicity of trust, and that's the miracle of David worked in me today.

Comments